What is the Sports Premium Funding?
In order to develop an enjoyment of sport and physical activity, and promote a healthy lifestyle in children from an early age, the Government has provided extra funding to schools.
What was our allocation?
Our allocation for 2015/16 was £8,278.
How did we spend our allocation?
In 2015/16, we spent our allocation on:
- Hiring qualified sports coaches to work with our teachers when teaching PE.
- Subsidising after-school clubs provided by the sports coaches.
- Participating in inter-schools competitions organised by one of our feeder secondary schools, including providing transport to/ from the venues.
Subsidising costs of lessons and transport for swimming.
What difference did it make to the PE and sport participation of pupils?
- A greater number of pupils were involved in a wider range of physical education activities as a result of the increased amount of competitions and after-school clubs.
- Sports coaches worked with teachers, which allowed teachers to develop their PE teaching and become up-skilled. This has led to improved teaching and learning in PE.
- Increased capacity and sustainability within the teaching staff.
- Improved standards in PE.
- The school offered a greater variety of after school clubs and has continued to develop this area further.
- Pupils practised and played in a wider range of sports and competitions as a result of being involved in the inter-schools tournaments.
- Links were improved with other local schools as a result of being involved in the inter-school competitions.