The Staff and I would like to welcome you to St Patrick’s RC Primary School. Our school is situated in the village of Ryhope in Sunderland. We are a small, friendly school with currently 139 pupils on roll. At St Patrick’s we strive to give every child the opportunity to develop their full potential and to be the best they can be. The Catholic faith and Gospel values underpin all that we seek to achieve at St Patrick’s, whilst at the same time, embracing and celebrating a variety of other faiths and cultures.
The school was originally built in the late 1800’s and retains much of its character. New sections have been added in recent years to improve its facilities, such as the kitchen and an Early Years outdoor area.
The school is situated next to St Patrick’s Church, where we frequently join the Parish community for Mass and other services. Strong links exist and continue to develop between the school, the parish and the local community.
The school was judged ‘Good’ after our most recent OFSTED Inspection in November 2015. The inspector commented that:
- Outcomes for pupils are good. Pupils clearly enjoy their work, tackling learning with determination and a strong desire to succeed.
- Children in the early years develop skills that allow them to play and learn happily together. They make a fast start in their reading, writing and understanding of number.
- Teaching is good. Pupils learn quickly and show enjoyment in well-planned lessons that allow them to apply their skills across all subjects.
- The behaviour of pupils is good. They are extremely polite, friendly, courteous and have good manners. They display positive attitudes when working in class.
- Pupils’ consideration of others and pride in their work ensure that their personal development and welfare are outstanding. They value each others’ contribution in lessons, showing great respect for other people.
I hope that you find this information useful. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via the School Office. The information in this publication is accurate as of July 2017. Visits are most welcome; we look forward to showing you around our wonderful school.
Mr G Kelly